Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ: VIRTUAL TOURS
Awesome. USE YOUR DESKTOP. You will see much more that way. Our Virtual Tours are “locked” single page websites and are the best way to see what we have to offer and what the real-life tours will be like. Once you purchase a Virtual Tour, you will have access to it forever. You may have to refresh your browser or clear your browser’s history if it takes you back to the “purchase tour” screen. Some browsers revert to the last version of a website that you visited. We just mention that because it happened once and we were able to figure out the fix. Virtual Tours are like one long secret blog that lets you scroll through the entire tour at the flick of a finger. This is great when you want to show someone location #38 and you don’t have to go from website to website. One long travel guide at your fingertips… PLUS a fun adventure top prepare you and your crew before you roll out.
AWESOME! Let us know. We want the Tours to be perfect for EVERYONE! If you find something wrong, we will fix it immediately! And we will send you something fun for helping us out!
FAQ: REAL-LIFE TOURS
Start out by downloading the CLUEKEEPER app available in the Apple App Store (iOS) and/or the Google Play Store (Android). CREATE A LOGIN or select anonymous inside the ClueKeeper app and click on the “ENTER HUNT CODE” button to type in the six-letter code that we will provide after your purchase.
GREAT for anyone of any age or ability. Our Real-Life Tours are designed for anyone and everyone. The entire Tour is accessible by vehicle, so your team will be able to drive right up to each location. We never ask you to drive in dangerous areas or hike far from your vehicle.
Our Real-Life Tours can range anywhere from 1 hour to 12 hours. The times will vary on which Tours you choose and how fast you can “visit” each location and solve the clues, riddles, puzzles, and ciphers.
When you download a hunt onto your phone, you will have the option to create a team name and add members to your team. You can only add team members that also have ClueKeeper accounts, so be sure to have them sign up before you add them. The results of the hunt will be available online for all team members, not just the one who was using the ClueKeeper app.
No, your team only needs one player logged in to the ClueKeeper mobile app to play in a hunt. In some hunts, as determined by the hunt creator, only one player will be able to submit answers or change the state for your team during the hunt itself. Other players with the app may log in and see the clues, though, which can definitely be useful. In other hunts, all players can submit answers, but players must be connected to the internet in order to do so.
It depends. If the hunt you are playing is using online mode (as determined by the hunt creator), it will be necessary for any player that wants to submit an answer or perform any other state-changing operation to be connected to the internet. However, if the hunt you are playing is not using the online option, then as long as you have a connection at the beginning of the hunt (to download the clues) and at the end of the hunt (to upload your hunt data), everything in between works fine without a connection. If you are playing a hosted hunt in this mode, though, the organizers will appreciate it if your device is online, since it will periodically update them with your progress. Also, if you reboot your phone, you’ll briefly need a data connection to resync with our server.
Documents and Downloads
- Download and use
our mobile application ( The Secret Tours) , or any other application of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
names phone numbers email addresses mailing addresses usernames passwords debit/credit card numbers billing addresses contact preferences contact or authentication data financial data
- Geolocation Information. We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application(s), to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's
and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called
"crash dumps" ), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
fulfill and manage your orders. We may process your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time. For more information, see
" WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS? " below).
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information.
- To administer prize draws and competitions. We may process your information to administer prize draws and competitions.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- When we use Google Maps Platform APIs. We may share your information with certain Google Maps Platform APIs (e.g.
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Gender and date of birth
D. Commercial information
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online
G. Geolocation data
H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or employment-related information
Business contact details in order to provide you our Services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
J. Education Information
Student records and directory information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the information.
- You can designate an
authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- You may request to opt out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving an opt-out request, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than fifteen (15) days from the date of the request submission.
Click here for a PDF version of our Liability Waiver This Waiver is also emailed to you.
Click here for a PDF version of our checklist provided on our National Park Tour.
This will include the stop-by-stop checklist of the locations you will see as well as the liability waiver.
Why You Can Trust Us
We are the real deal! Each of us have lived here in Joshua Tree for 25 years or more, and two of our team members have been here since birth! Our collective world travels include 40 countries and 40 states. Why does that matter? Because we have been exposed to a lot of different cultures and lifestyles, so our tours are designed to bring joy to people from all over the world! We have also searched for Forrest Fenn’s Treasure. We were so close but it has been found! Our minds are all wrapped up in every treasure hunting movie, combined with real treasure hunts, sprinkled with escape rooms from all over the world. We created sightseeing tours that could themselves be adventure movies! We have also been in the secret tunnels underneath Washington DC. THAT is who we are. THAT is what we offer to YOU. We love the intrigue and mystery of life’s adventures and want to SHARE them with YOU! We find unique ways to show an area’s history and secret locations so YOU become the experts, just like us. We aren’t the type to think it’s cool to know the secrets, we want to SHARE the secrets.